Local Schools Going Places

Today, I caught up with Surrey County Council Cabinet Member for Schools, Mary Lewis (pictured immediately below), to talk through the plans for new schools and expansions acros the borough. We talked through progress with delivering our two new local free schools, Cobham Free School and Walton Heathside, as well as progress with the expansion […]

Read More

A Dragon in Esher

On Friday, Dragon’s Den’s Star and retail giant Theo Paphitis came to talk to my local business club, Connect. Connect is a local group of business men and women interested in networking and politics. We arrange quarterly breakfast meetings, where I give an update on a burning political issue, and we hear from a guest speaker […]

Read More

Sunbury and Walton Sea Cadets

The Sunbury and Walton Sea Cadets, who I visited in November 2015 (blogged here), are holding a fundraising appeal to raise money for a new, modernised building at their site in Shepperton. The current building is old, damp and small. It has not been repaired since a flood in 2014. The Cadets have produced a […]

Read More

Extra Investment for St. Peter’s A&E

One of the important Conservative messages in recent years is that we cannot deliver extra resources for our precious public services without a vibrant economy – not just creating jobs, but also generating tax revenue. So, I’m delighted to report that the government is allocating £600,000 of fresh funding to St. Peter’s Hospital in Chertsey […]

Read More

Elmbridge Young Persons Awards

Last Friday, I presented the awards at the annual Elmbridge Young Persons Awards. The ceremony pays tribute to youngsters across the borough, who have demonstrated courage in adversity, proved exceptional carers in their families, and raised money for charity. Organised by Surrey Police Volunteers, led by Lynn Hunt, the awards recognise the inspirational character and achievement […]

Read More

County Council Elections

Congratulations to all our Conservative County Councillors elected yesterday. It was a strong set of results for us on bread and butter local issues. In Elmbridge, we saw important gains in support, and I was proud to campaign alongside our excellent local team. Now, we turn to the General Election, which will naturally shift the […]

Read More

Walton-on-Thames Trading Alliance – AGM

Yesterday, I went along to Walton-on-Thames Trading Alliance (WoTTA) to support their AGM. Joanna Gordon (pictured below) is a local dynamo with huge ambition both to boost local retail and support small businesses, but also to promote community spirit. She outlined her plans in front of a local throng of businesses, councillors and residents that […]

Read More

Esher Business Guild

Last night, I joined one of Esher Business Guild’s meetings, which was well attended by many of our terrific local businesses. I addressed the Guild on local priorities, including finance, parking and business rates, and briefed them on the wider national political climate – from the recent Budget to Brexit. We then opened out into […]

Read More