Tackling Local Homelessness

Today, I went along to support Helen Watson, CEO of Elmbridge Rentstart, at a reception in the House of Lords. Elmbridge Rentstart does a great job supporting homeless people in Elmbridge on low incomes to access accommodation in the private rented sector. This helps to promote independence for vulnerable people – around 25% of the […]

Read More

Hinchley Wood Mothers’ Union

Last night, I visited the Hinchley Wood Mothers’ Union (HWMU) at St. Christopher’s Church. The Mothers’ Union are a fantastic local group, which form part of their larger international parent organisation. HWMU run a regular programme of events throughout the year, supporting the work of the parish of Hinchley Wood, as well as the wider […]

Read More

Cobham Rugby Club

Last Saturday, I went down to Cobham Rugby Club for their ‘Value the Volunteer’ lunch, before their home game against Chobam (I know – a bit of a tongue-twister for the pundits). I spoke about how valuable volunteers are for local sports clubs and charities more generally, and how local community sport is vital for […]

Read More

Rydens Enterprise School

Last week, I visited Rydens Enterprise School in Hersham. I had a useful discussion with the new Head of School, Mrs Payne, who updated me on the latest renovation plans, and we also talked about the school’s wider ambitions. I also took some time to take a raft of questions from a group of Year […]

Read More

Esher and Walton Conservative Women’s Association AGM

Last Thursday evening, I joined the Esher and Walton Conservative Women’s Association AGM in Hersham. I spoke about the Conservative government’s record of empowering women, including the gender pay gap which is at a record low. I also explained the government’s drive to crack down on human trafficking, strengthen meritocracy and deliver Brexit. I continue […]

Read More

Neighbourhood Food Collection

Earlier this month, I dropped in to check out the annual Neighbourhood Food Collection at Tesco, in West Molesey. The event is a collective partnership between Tesco, the Trussell Trust and FareShare and is part of an ongoing effort to encourage customers to donate long-life food to charity to help those most in need. Since […]

Read More