West Molesey Sea Scouts

Last week, I visited the 1st Jaguar Sea Scouts Group in West Molesey. Liam Quinn, the Scout Leader, welcomed me and introduced me to the Scouts. I spoke to them about what an MP does, how Parliament works and what Government Ministers do. I then answered a range of questions from the very bright and […]

Read More

Remembrance Sunday in Walton

Today, I joined the local community in Walton-on-Thames for Remembrance Sunday. We started off at the War Memorial, just off the high street, and Rev Jonny Blair led the service and tribute.  All the armed forces were represented, along with younger cadets, brownies and a throng of residents. I laid a wreath along with Embridge […]

Read More

Visit to Connections in Claygate

Today, I visited the Connections group at Holy Trinity Church in Claygate. Connections is a group for local elderly residents to meet fortnightly over coffee and cakes in a welcoming and friendly environment. Pippa Cramer, who is the chief coordinator of the group, and her fantastic team of volunteers put on a varied range of activities […]

Read More

Expanding Heathrow: the Case For Elmbridge

This week, the government approved the expansion of a third runway at Heathrow airport. To be clear, this is the point of departure, not arrival. Parliament will now scrutinise the detail of the proposals carefully, and vote on the decision next year. Nevertheless, after years of uncertainty, the decision has been announced, I want to […]

Read More

Visit to Air Products at Hersham Technology Park

Last week, I visited Air Products at Hersham Technology Park, to be briefed on latest developments at this innovation engineering firm based in the heart of Elmbridge. Air Products is a massive global company, with revenue of around US$10billion per year. The UK headquarters focuses increasingly on the industrial gases side of its business, which […]

Read More

Walton Heritage Day

Despite the rain, Walton Heritage Day went ahead today. I went along to join the community spirit. As usual, we had music from the Ember Big Band, a dog show, hog roast, boat rides and much more besides. Joanna Gordon (from Walton-on-Thames Trading Alliance) was marshalling the organisation brilliantly. I dropped by a few of […]

Read More

CWO Summer BBQ

Congratulations to Elise Dunweber, Ruth Mitchell and the team at our local Conservative Women’s Organisation (CWO), who organised a terrific barbecue in Oxshott. There was a great turnout, and the weather held up. There is a real buzz in the Esher & Walton Conservative Association. We’ve had 250 new members join since the EU referendum, […]

Read More

Community Hospitals Review

Today, I met with James Blythe, Director of Commissioning and Strategy at Surrey Downs Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), and Dr Jill Evans, the Clinical Lead, to discuss the CCG’s recent report following their review of community hospitals in Elmbridge. Local leaders contributed to the review, including local councillors, GPs and Dr Ian Coxon, the Chair […]

Read More

National Citizen Service

On Tuesday, I joined a group of young people taking part in the National Citizen Service (NCS), at the invitation of area manager Danielle Ellis. The NCS is a summer scheme which brings together 16 and 17 year olds from across Surrey, to complete a series of personal and team challenges and help make a […]

Read More