Doing Our Bit to Support Refugees

On Friday, I met with Elmbridge CAN – a local community group working to support the acceptance of refugees within Elmbridge. I had a useful and productive meeting with Becky Hill and her dedicated team who work hard to facilitate collaboration with both local and national stakeholders to raise awareness of refugees and to try […]

Read More

Tackling Local Homelessness

Today, I went along to support Helen Watson, CEO of Elmbridge Rentstart, at a reception in the House of Lords. Elmbridge Rentstart does a great job supporting homeless people in Elmbridge on low incomes to access accommodation in the private rented sector. This helps to promote independence for vulnerable people – around 25% of the […]

Read More

Hinchley Wood Mothers’ Union

Last night, I visited the Hinchley Wood Mothers’ Union (HWMU) at St. Christopher’s Church. The Mothers’ Union are a fantastic local group, which form part of their larger international parent organisation. HWMU run a regular programme of events throughout the year, supporting the work of the parish of Hinchley Wood, as well as the wider […]

Read More

Cobham Rugby Club

Last Saturday, I went down to Cobham Rugby Club for their ‘Value the Volunteer’ lunch, before their home game against Chobam (I know – a bit of a tongue-twister for the pundits). I spoke about how valuable volunteers are for local sports clubs and charities more generally, and how local community sport is vital for […]

Read More

Rydens Enterprise School

Last week, I visited Rydens Enterprise School in Hersham. I had a useful discussion with the new Head of School, Mrs Payne, who updated me on the latest renovation plans, and we also talked about the school’s wider ambitions. I also took some time to take a raft of questions from a group of Year […]

Read More

Esher and Walton Conservative Women’s Association AGM

Last Thursday evening, I joined the Esher and Walton Conservative Women’s Association AGM in Hersham. I spoke about the Conservative government’s record of empowering women, including the gender pay gap which is at a record low. I also explained the government’s drive to crack down on human trafficking, strengthen meritocracy and deliver Brexit. I continue […]

Read More